QUINOA POWER SALAD
This power packed Quinoa salad has everything to make a great stand alone meal that will keep you going for hours or can be served as a side.
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 capsicum
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 corn cob
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup almonds or hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (we like parsley, basil, mint and coriander)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (chopped/crushed)
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 large lemon (juiced)
- Heat oil in saucepan over moderate heat. Add quinoa and sauté for 1 minute. Add the water, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and leave to stand, covered for 5 minutes. Remove lid and allow the grains to cool. Meanwhile cut vegetables into small even dice.
- Place quinoa in a bowl and add vegetables, cranberries, almonds and herbs. Mix gently to combine. Season with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a screw top jar. Shake well and drizzle over salad
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe will feed 4 - 6 or can be stored in the fridge to provide lunches for the whole working week.